Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Maze Madness


I'm not usually directionally challenged, and if I have problems, I always ask around for directions, but these last few days in Hong Kong have been nuts. I work in Quarry Bay, in a building called Oxford House, which is a part of a complex of buildings called Taikoo Place, which includes several office buildings, restaurants, and a HUGE mall called City Plaza. The entire massive thing is called Swire Island East. All the office buildings and the mall are interconnected by foot bridges. These last few days have been tough; it's easy to get confused and not be able to find your way back because you don't know which escalator to get on, or which exit you should take, what level to get on, or which bridge to cross to get to the right prace. Yesterday, I spent a whole twenty minutes trying to get back to my office after running errands and eating lunch at the mall because I couldn't figure out how to get back. In the evening, Don and I got lost trying to find the food court in the mall because we couldn't figure out the signs. Today, we couldn't figure out to get back to the office from City Plaza. I hope it will eventually become easier as I gain my bearings.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Did you really mean to spell "prace"??