Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Egg Yolk Mooncake

I had a meeting at 3 p.m. today to learn the new interface for the website and I had to work all the way up until then, so I had no chance to grab lunch. Instead, I grabbed a mooncake off the table where people put communal food, and started eating it at the meeting. The taste reminded me of hopia, which is basically a Filipino version of a mooncake, which my mom used to feed me when I was young. A few bites in, I discovered two egg yolks! I was curious, but put off diving into the egg yolks until after the meeting. So after the meeting a took a bite. It was like a boiled egg yolk that had been soaked in sugar, sweet and sugary, but still with an egg yolk texture. I did not like it. I ended up eating every last bite of the mooncake except for the two egg yolks.

1 comment:

Defne Ezgi said...

I had that when I was there! I didn't eat the yolk part and without it it's pretty good!